Last Updated on November 27, 2023
Using a stairlift is advantageous to people of all body types and sizes. No one should feel excluded. More powerful stairlifts are available for those who need help going up and down their stairs. These stairlifts have a lot of traction since they may help larger individuals quickly move around their homes, as it may have been a significant problem for them in the past. If you or someone in your family has difficulty going up and down their stairway, you’re not alone. It may be a reasonable decision to install a stairlift.
Heavy Duty Stairlift Key Information
- Practical Mobility Solution: Heavy-duty stairlifts offer a practical solution for individuals with mobility challenges, providing a safe and efficient way to navigate stairs without strain on muscles and joints.
- Tailored Features for Comfort: Designed to accommodate larger users, heavy-duty stairlifts come with features such as a broader seat, extended leg space, and adjustable armrests, ensuring comfort and support for individuals weighing up to 25 stone.
- Efficiency and Low Maintenance: Investing in a heavy-duty stairlift not only ensures efficient and quiet operation but also comes with cost-effective and low-maintenance benefits, offering a reliable and stylish mobility solution for users with varying weight capacities.
Get a Free Stairlift Quote
Tips For Using A Heavy-Duty Stairlift
Obesity-related mobility issues might be tough to manage. Just going up and down the stairs at home can be a taxing task. Stairlifts are the most practical way to go to higher floors without hurting their already overworked muscles and joints.
Stairlifts eliminate the stress and anxiety that accomplishing this task would typically cause. Obese people often experience dizziness and other discomforts that make it difficult to move about. Because of this, individuals risk walking down a long flight of steps without being seen.
There are several stairlift makers, many of which appeal to individuals weighing up to 25 stone. Stairlift companies like Companion Stairlifts have streamlined their product portfolio and minimised stairlift model names. But be sure to reach out and get a quote, and stairlift companies are always happy to help.
Features Of Heavy Duty Stairlifts That Fit In The Home:
The heavy duty stairlift accommodates more significant users with a broader seat. The bench’s legs have been lengthened to accommodate additional people. Armrests that extend over the standard length are available for people who want more room for their arms. Seat belt velcro has an unusually long distance. You may also swivel the chair’s seat. Heavy duty stairlifts come with:
- Heavy duty batteries
- A tailored track
- Adjustable arm width
- Improved stability
- Increased seat height
- Extended warranties (Subject to stairlift supplier)
- Larger seat base
- Comfortable upholstery
Benefits Of A Heavy Duty Stairlift:
When you buy a heavy-duty stairlift, make sure you get a free home survey first. This will allow you to understand first what you need to fit your needs. Then once you are happy with what you need, you can get it installed by stairlift engineers.
Here are some benefits of a heavy-duty stairlift:
- Efficient and stunning designs
- Cost effective
- Low maintenance
- Innovative design
- Compact design
- High-quality stairlifts
- Reliable stairlifts
Do You Get The Very Same Features As A Normal Stairlift?
Even though you are buying a heavy-duty stairlift, it doesn’t mean you will have to compromise on the same features you would get with a normal stairlift. They are just the same.
The only difference is that they are built to carry a larger weight. Meaning you will still have a quiet and smooth operation. They have upgraded internal components to handle its large weight.
What Is The Maximum Weight For A Stairlift?
Are there specific stairlift sizes that should meet this? Heavy-duty stairlifts can carry up to 25st.
Quiet And Smooth Operation Of Heavy-Duty Stairlifts
With a heavy-duty stairlift, you can rest assured that you will be getting a subtle and stylish manner that will have a far greater weight capacity while still giving you a comfortable ride in your home.
Can You Get Heavy Duty Stairlifts For Curved Staircase And Straight Staircases?
The great thing about heavy-duty stairlifts is that if you have curved stairs, then you can get a heavy duty curved stairlift. They are the same, but they can handle a unique weight capacity and are just the heavy-duty version. So you can get a heavy-duty straight stairlift.
Getting A Heavy-Duty Stairlift Installed
When getting a heavy-duty stairlift installed, you should note that delivery times may vary because, most of the time, it will be custom made.
So expect it to take a little longer for it to be delivered. However, if you go with a market leader, sometimes they can be quicker at delivering it. But this is only sometimes true.
What Should You Know When Buying A Heavy-Duty Straight Stairlift?
The stairlift will come with a straight rail, whereas curved stairlifts will have a curved rail to help it go around corners. Bariatric stairlifts will have reinforced rails to help them gain more weight. These have been around for over a decade, and the technology of stair lifts has advanced so much in that time.
Why Do Stair Lift Weight Limit Vary?
Stairlift weight limits can vary for several reasons, including:
- Safety: The manufacturer’s safety guidelines are usually used to decide a stair lift’s weight limit, depending on the weight the lift can securely hold. The step elevator may sustain harm, or the user may sustain an accident if the weight restriction is exceeded.
- Design and materials: The weight limit of stairlifts can vary depending on the materials and components used in their construction. For instance, some versions might have a stronger engine or larger track, which can raise the weight restriction.
- User needs: Stairlifts are made to accommodate a variety of users, including those with weight-related medical problems or movement restrictions. Some stair elevator versions may have greater weight restrictions to handle larger users.
- Legal regulations: In some instances, stairlift weight restrictions may be established by laws and guidelines established by regulating organisations may establish stairlift weight restrictions to guarantee user safety.
It’s crucial to pick a stairlift that complies with all required safety requirements and has a weight limit suitable for the user’s demands. A stairlift can be dangerously overloaded, endangering both the lift and the user.
What Is A Bariatric Stair Lift?
A Bariatric stair lift is a specific stair lift to suit fat or overweight people. These lifts frequently have a limit of around 600 pounds or more and are constructed with bulkier materials. Bariatric stairlifts make climbing and descending stairs safer for people with mobility problems.
Heavy Duty FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions on heavy duty stairlifts.
What Is The Maximum Weight A Stairlift Can Take?
Maximum weight capacities for stairlifts vary by model but are typically 160 kg (25 stone).
How Long Does It Take To Install A Heavy Duty Stairlift
A stairlift with a straight rail typically takes two to three hours to build. When the dealer technician comes, they may already cut the rail to length.
How Much Does A Heavy Duty Stairlift cost?
The best way to find out the cost of a heavy-duty stairlift is to request a quote through the form on our website. Most heavy-duty stairlifts are bespoke, meaning the prices will range.
Popular Stairlift Reviews