Last Updated on November 27, 2023
Sellling a Stairlift Key Information
- Assessing Stairlift Condition: Determine the price for selling your used stairlift by evaluating its condition, considering factors like appearance, functionality, and maintenance history.
- Straight stairlifts are easier to sell than curved ones due to broader compatibility. Market Demand for Secondhand Stairlifts: Used stairlifts are in high demand, offering an affordable option for buyers.
- Consider selling through various channels like Facebook, eBay, or local suppliers. If unsuccessful, consider generous options like giving it away to someone in need.
- Proper Removal and Selling Methods: When selling, explore online platforms like eBay or Gumtree, and leverage social media like Facebook. Ensure a smooth transaction by specifying that the dismantling and collection are the buyer’s responsibility. Selling to reputable companies or donating to charities are viable options.
Sell Your Stairlift
Secondhand Stairlifts Are High In Demand
It would be best to keep in mind this: stairlifts are expensive, and not everyone can afford them. That’s why used stairlifts have a great demand in the market.
So there is no need to worry about finding a customer to sell it to.
Many people would be open to buying it from you because purchasing a secondhand stairlift is much more affordable than new ones. Part of the reason why secondhand stairlifts are in demand is that everybody wants to save money. Their main concern is that they will buy quality and durable.
Assess the Condition of Your Stairlift
Are you wondering what price you should sell your used stairlift for? The answer is right here: It all depends upon the condition of your stairlift. Does it look still new? Is it working correctly? Got no maintenance issues? If the answer to these questions is yes, you’ll be able to get a reasonable price.
Another factor that matters when selling your stairlift is its type. Straight Stairlifts sell fast, while Curved Stairlifts can be a lot harder.
Curved models are usually custom-made by measuring the length and curve of each house’s stairs. So, people don’t purchase used curved stairlifts because they fear anyone else won’t be compliant with them as their stairlift is custom to themselves.
If you are looking at selling your Curved Stairlift, know that it will be a harder task for you.
After numerous attempts, if you get no positive response, consider giving it away. This generous act may be able to transform another person’s life.
How Much Can You Sell A Used Stairlift For?
This question should lead you towards another question: how much did it cost you to buy? Let’s say you had bought it for £5000 the previous year.
As a good rule of thumb, you should deduct 20% of £5000 to reach the price you demand.
Another factor that you must consider along with this rule of thumb is the overall condition of the chair.
If the quality of the stairlift is not that great, whether it’s a new or old stairlift, it’s not going to sell at a reasonable price.
Who Will Buy A Unwanted Stairlift From You?
One approach to selling the stairlift is to call the provider you purchased it. Also, you can look for a supplier who is in the rent-a-stairlift business.
If you don’t get a positive response from such suppliers, there are some other options at your disposal.
Most people can’t always afford one at all. Used stairlifts attract considerable demand. That doesn’t make any difference whether the buyer was selling the product at all or if the client wasn’t. Many will want to buy this at your expense because the newer stairlifts can be purchased much cheaper in general. The availability is that people want to save by purchasing second hand stairlifts. They are interested because they should be robust, affordable and reliable.
How To Remove A Stairlift In Your Home In The UK
If the property has stairlifts, transfer them to a place where you would not be utilising them. You no longer use stairlift assistance in your house, so that you might be searching for specialist stairlift removal. You can get a free professional removal. Here is how to remove a stairlift in your home.
Only a trained professional may instal or restore stairlifts. When attempting to extract a battery, appliances can be lost. Though specialists are needed, installation and stairlift removal of stairlifts is a simple, stress-free, and comfortable process with the aid of a professional.
Time Length To Remove A Stairlift Does Vary Per Job
Stairlifts can only be serviced by a certified professional. To clear the stairs efficiently and effectively, you should schedule a date and time with a trustworthy company.
What Does The Aftermath Of Your Stairs When A Stairlift Is Removed
What are the plans for using the indoor lifts? It can leave small gaps in the stairwells for braces. If the equipment is used on carpeted stairs, one or two unimpressive blisters may be overlooked. Alternatively, this would be avoided by heating the kettle for an extended period. Since the rug has been muddied, there is a distinct colour contrast between the covering parts. Avoid removing an exterior stairlift if it may inflict noticeable signs on a concrete or tiled surface. You may do this type at a later time.
Who Can Help You Remove A Stairlift?
In certain situations, the seller can disassemble the old stairlift and recover or resell the parts at no additional cost to you. If you are interested in buying a new stairlift, many stairlift companies are out there to help. Stairlift prices do a range, but they are worth it.
Where To Donate Stairlifts In The UK
You may want to get rid of a stairlift for various purposes, including: Before you moved in, the house should have had a stairlift fitted. Maybe your lift is just too inconvenient right now. Here is where to donate stairlifts and remove unwanted stairlifts.
Can You Donate A Stairlift In The UK
Because of the unchangeable vehicle setup, providing a direct or aided lift to a charity poses a unique range of difficulties. Do you have to stand at the top of the stairwell to access it? The rail, its functional components, and other mechanisms have been rust-proofed. Many respectable firms will buy used stairlifts to resell to recoup their investment in you. Many businesses use stairlifts for philanthropic purposes in their communities and around the country.
How To Recycle A Stairlift In The UK
Appliances that are no longer in service can be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner using the stairlift recycling method. Disposal is generally included in the expenses of reputable businesses, such as the disposal charge to the recycling plant.
Stairlift Removal For People In The UK
This job is done quickly and efficiently by our highly trained technicians. A licensed installer can only operate a stairlift. So it would help if you bought from a reputable stairlift company. The effort to remove one may damage the fixtures and fittings.
Stairlift prices can be a lot, and you should think before throwing one away. Why not sell your stairlift and make some money from it.
Ways To Scrap A Stairlift With Free Professional Removal
In the first instance, due to the design of the stairlifts, especially the curved stairlifts, and the number of various materials used in construction. Inside the structure, very little salvageable metal has been discovered. You can also phrase it as, In that respect, implying that this dumping is also a waste of resources.
If someone has volunteered to assist with stair-clearing, You must be assured that they are not stolen if they are burned. Both types of flytipping are unlawful, and penalties can apply.
They are just a few ways for you to donate stairlifts and remove stairlifts.
Selling Your Stairlift Online
1) Go to Google and write, “how can I sell my stairlift?”. Hopefully, you will get enough information on the subject. You will be amazed to see that there are many companies out there who are willing to buy a used stairlift. Such as Stannah Stairlifts.
2) Get your ad published in local newspapers or websites. There is an abundance of people to contact, and they will happily post your ad for a small removal fee.
3) Ebay or Gumtree have classified ad specific websites. Posting an ad there can help sell your stairlift fast.
4) eBay is a decent platform for second hand stairlift sales, as well. So you could use that platform yourself. Just make sure that while placing an ad, you mention that the task of dismantling and collecting the stairlift will be on the buyer.
5) You should change your Facebook status about your stairlift intention. Facebook has a Facebook marketplace on which you can sell it, like eBay. Some of your friends may need it.
6) See if you know a friend or neighbour struggling to get a second hand stairlift. If yes, inform them that you have a stairlift to sell reasonably.
7) If you get an offer from any of these sources, you will be required to get your stairlift dismantled and delivered to the buyer. If the buyer is making a living out of stairlifts, they will insist on dismantling it under their supervision. They do so to get first-hand knowledge about the usability of the stairlift, as it’s pretty easy to know whether the machine is working correctly during the dismantling phase. Another reason a professional would like to dismantle it is to make sure that it doesn’t get damaged in the process.
Essential Things To Have To Get An Accurate Quote To Sell A Stairlift
The first thing you need to do is make sure you have all the details for your stairlift. You can find the details on the document you will receive when you purchase the stairlift or on the stairlifts themselves. Make sure you have the serial number to hand. Have the model name, manufacturer, age and any more information the company may need to give you a reasonable quote. Make sure you go through a reputable company.
You can fill out our form to request a quote on selling your stairlift. By filling out the form with the correct details, then we can make sure you can get the best stairlift quote to sell your stairlift. You can then get cash for your installed stairlift in England and the rest of the UK.
List Of Stairlift Brands You Can Sell
There are many stairlift brands that are very popular to sell. Here is a list of stairlift brands you can sell:
Used Stairlifts Are Highly Sought After
A quick way to sell a staircase lift can involve calling a contractor who bought it. Alternatively, you need to find suppliers for rented stairs. If these companies fail to offer favourable feedback, another option is available to you.
Selling A Stairlift Privately
Suppose you have a new stairlift that you no longer need. Then you can sell a stair lift privately using third-party websites. This is one option, but it can be a lot more time-consuming and more effort. You will always be selling at your own risk when selling a stairlift.
Where Are Second-Hand Stairlifts Wanted?
Second-hand stairlifts are often wanted by individuals or organisations looking for a cost-effective way to obtain a stairlift. Some common places where second-hand stairlifts may be wanted include:
- Stairlift suppliers or manufacturers – Some companies that sell new stairlifts may also buy back used stairlifts in good condition to resell or refurbish.
- Stairlift rental companies – Companies that rent out stairlifts may also purchase used stairlifts to add to their inventory.
- Online classifieds websites – Websites such as Craigslist or eBay may have listings for used stairlifts for sale.
- Local charities or non-profit organisations – Some organisations that help people with disabilities or limited mobility may accept donated stairlifts to give to those in need.
- Private individuals – Some may be looking for a used stairlift for personal use, such as for themselves or a family member.
When selling a used stairlift, it’s important to ensure it is in good working condition and meets all safety standards. Working with a reputable buyer or seller is also recommended to ensure a fair and secure transaction.
To Summarise Selling A Stairlift
Some so many people would be open to buying it from you. Purchasing a secondhand stairlift is much more affordable compared to new ones. Assess the condition of your stairlift before you decide what price you should sell it for. If you get no positive response, consider giving it away. Stairlifts can only be serviced by a certified professional.
When attempting to extract a battery, appliances can be lost. Though specialists are needed, installation and removal of stairlifts is a simple, stress-free, and comfortable process with the aid of a professional. Stairlift prices can be a lot, and you should think before throwing one away. Many respectable firms will buy used stairlifts to resell to recoup their investment. The effort to remove one may result in damage to fixtures and fittings.
It would help if you bought from a reputable stairlift company. If someone has volunteered to assist with stair-clearing, You must be assured that they are not stolen if they are burned. Both types of flytipping are unlawful, and penalties can apply. Selling Your Stairlift online can help sell your stairlift fast. If you have a stairlift that you want to sell, then there are several ways you can advertise it on sites like Gumtree, Facebook and eBay. Just make sure that the task of dismantling and collecting the stairlift is left in the buyer’s hands.
Frequently Asked Questions on selling a stairlift.
How Much Will I Get For my Stairlift?
It is impossible to give an exact answer without getting the full details of your stairlift. This is because the factors such as stairlift age, model and type all play a role in the resale value. It can be anywhere from £0 to <£300.
When Will I Get Paid For My Stairlift?
You will only get paid for your stairlift if it is younger than 10 years old. The model stairlift is in demand, and it is in good condition. Straight stairlifts are more likely to be purchased as they are not bespoke.
Who Buys Used Stairlifts Near Me?
Looking for someone to buy your used stairlift? Fill out the form on our page, and we will connect you with various companies.
How Easy Is It To Remove A Stairlift?
Removing a stairlift from your home is an extremely simple process when it is done by a trained professional. Someone on their own should not do this, which can be dangerous.
Do Companies Buy Back Stairlifts?
Some companies offer a buyback program, but not all companies do this. This should be something you should directly speak to the company that you purchased the stairlift from.