UK Outdoor Stairlifts
Outdoor stairlifts are a lot like indoor straight or curved stairlifts in the way you use them. Sometimes the way they look can be similar, except they are constructed of weatherproof materials to protect them from the elements. The buying of a stairlift process is the same as well. Outdoor stairlifts can sometimes be referred to as external stairlifts.
Last Updated on January 29, 2024
1 Minute Breakdown For Outdoor Stairlifts
Welcome to our Outdoor Stairlifts Guide! Explore the freedom of movement in outdoor spaces with tailored solutions. Discover the durability, weather resistance, and key considerations for installing outdoor stairlifts. Make informed choices to extend accessibility to every corner of your home, seamlessly blending functionality with the great outdoors.
Outdoor Stairlift Key Information
- Weather Resistance: Ensure your outdoor stairlift is equipped with a weather-resistant cover to protect it from various elements like rain, snow, and UV exposure.
- Accessibility Improvement: Outdoor stairlifts provide easier access to home entrances with stairs, eliminating the need for heavy construction work on ramps and offering a practical solution for those with mobility challenges.
- Diverse Options: When buying an outdoor stairlift in the UK, consider factors such as the type of stairs (straight or curved) and the shape of your staircase. Outdoor stairlifts come in various models with different features and price ranges to meet specific mobility needs.
Get a Free Stairlift Quote
External Stairlifts For Outdoor Stairs
Sometimes, buildings that require no accessible entrances can have an external ramp accessible from below or on. They often have a more stable frame and can easily be used by occupants and wheelchairs.
For such basic outdoor lifts, the costs are approximately £3000. Outdoor stairlifts are supplied just like the standard inside models and have easy-to-use control functions and wifi remotes. This could be the perfect solution for your loved one.
Key Points For When Buying An Outdoor Stairlift In The UK
Did you know that stairlifts are not just for indoors? You can buy outdoor stairlifts for your garden or entrance. So you can up your garden steps again. There is an outdoor stairlift for you if you have straight stairs or curved stairs.
Type Of Stairlifts You Can Buy In The UK
When purchasing an outdoor stairlift for external use, selecting a network that meets your needs is often a topic to remember. The outdoor stairlift comes with a variety of models from which to pick.
When choosing your outdoor stairlift, you should look at your upstairs and the shape of your stairs; do you need a straight stairlift – so do your stairs go straight up, or do you need a curved stairlift – do your stairs have a curve in them? Note that the stairlift prices do range based on the type. Accurate dimensions are the secret to proper outside lift mounting.
Can An Outdoor Stairlift Deal With The Elements The UK Have To Throw At It?
An outdoor stairlift must withstand the elements, whether foggy, sleety, or snowy. Most outdoor stairlifts run yearly and are more robust than a typical indoor stairlift.
Make sure your outdoor stairlift has a security cover. You can use it on any day or night and in various temperatures. Make sure you get a waterproof cover. They also have a lap harness and remote controls that must be UV protected and covered from the elements. So make sure you have a protective cover for extra protection.
Breakdown Of Buying An Outdoor Stairlift
New options for your outdoor lift that might improve the overall setup should be considered. The construction of an exterior stairlift on your home has many advantages. This may significantly improve an individual with mobility problems and quality of life.
On the other hand, it allows a person to enter the property’s front and backyard. It could be the perfect solution for your loved one. Always check that the stairlift you buy meets the European safety standard.
Dos and Don’ts for Outdoor Stairlifts
- Select Weather-Resistant Materials: Choose outdoor stairlifts from durable, weather-resistant materials to withstand various environmental conditions.
- Check IP Ratings: Verify the outdoor stairlift’s Ingress Protection (IP) rating to ensure it is adequately protected against dust and water.
- Consider Customization for Outdoor Spaces: Explore customisation options to tailor the outdoor stairlift to the specific features of your outdoor staircase and surrounding environment.
- Ask for Detailed Quotes: Request written quotes that include all costs associated with the purchase, installation, and additional outdoor-specific accessories.
- Ensure Safety Features for Outdoor Use: Prioritize outdoor stairlifts with enhanced safety features, including UV-resistant materials, robust construction, and all-weather protection.
- Inquire about Warranty Coverage: Ensure that the outdoor stairlift has a warranty covering both the equipment and its outdoor components.
- Neglect Professional Installation: Avoid attempting to install an outdoor stairlift yourself. Professional installation is essential for safety and proper functionality, especially outdoors.
- Disregard Local Climate Conditions: Pay attention to the specific climate conditions in your region. Ensure the outdoor stairlift is designed to withstand the elements in your area.
- Assume All Models are Weatherproof: Not all outdoor stairlifts are created equal. Refrain from assuming every model is fully weatherproof; check specifications and features carefully.
- Overlook Power Source Requirements: Ensure that the outdoor stairlift can be adequately powered in your outdoor space. Consider battery backup options in case of power outages.
- Forget Regular Maintenance: Outdoor stairlifts may require more frequent maintenance due to exposure to the elements. Pay attention to regular maintenance to ensure longevity and optimal performance.
- Ignore Local Regulations: Remember local regulations and building codes for outdoor stairlift installations. Ensure compliance to avoid legal issues and additional expenses.
When investing in outdoor stairlifts, prioritise durability, weather resistance, and compliance with safety standards to ensure a reliable and safe solution for outdoor mobility.
Types of Outdoor Stairlifts You Can Buy And Use In The UK
There are multiple advantages to spending time outdoors. Elderly loved ones may struggle to enjoy their time outside due to mobility struggles, but these outdoor lift systems can make it easier for them to do so. They are often weather-resistant, allowing consumers to explore new places that may otherwise be out of control.
Wheelchair Lifts For The Outdoors
Other mobility options for people with mobility issues, such as outdoor wheelchairs and a platform-style stairlift, are still included. Vertical platform lifts are suitable for usage in both residential and industrial settings. This wheelchair and scooter lift connects users to balconies, porches, and other outside areas.
This is accessible as an outdoor lift with several customisation options. You will be able to choose from a range of colours and designs. As a part of these stairlifts, safety is the most important aspect. Many protective measures involve a pan under the work surface to prevent you from bumping into anything, such as a lift ring, if appropriate.
Like outdoor stairlifts, wheelchair lifts can survive extreme weather environments. Electrical controls have been engineered to keep moisture out, and exterior parts have been sealed to keep them dry, although investing in a weatherproof cover for your lift may not be a bad idea.
Stairlifts For Outdoor spaces, Such As Gardens
An outdoor stairlift is a robust and stable home improvement choice. Straight and angled lift systems, as well as inside stairlifts, will make your home more accessible. Each yard, deck, or location is distinctive, even if you have straight or curved stairs.
Outdoor Stairlifts can handle all elements varying from cold to extreme heat. A variety of main characteristics differentiate these brands from their indoor counterparts. Finally, the lift rail is powder-coated to protect it from rust and corrosion caused by the elements while avoiding excessive wear and tear. The chair on each outdoor stairlift is made of heavy-duty, water-resistant material.
Breakdown Of Types Of Outdoor Lifts
They are just a couple of types of outdoor lifts. When it comes to getting a mobility aid for the outdoors, you want to make sure you buy the best as outdoor stairlifts need to be tough and resistant to survive the elements—that is why you should look around stairlift companies such as Companion Stairlifts and see what they have to offer. They vary in stairlift prices, but they are worth it as they can unlock freedom. So check out buying a stairlift now and get a free stairlift quote.
Can You Have An Outside Stairlift?
This outdoor stairlift has been constructed throughout the season to make a comfortable stay wherever a storm strikes or a frost comes.
What is the average cost of an outdoor stairlift?
Prices vary, although vertical lifting is typically between £3,000 and £5,000. Outdoor curved staircases start at £3,000 and increase in length and complexity as the staircase grows. Make sure you get a free outdoor stairlift quote. You can see if you are eligible for the disabled facilities grant (DFG).
What Does A Weather Resistant Outdoor Cover Do?
Unlike indoor stairlifts, outdoor stair lifts should have a cover on to help protect them from the elements when not being used- this is when you would use a weather-resistant outdoor cover.
Outdoor Wheelchair Lift Price UK
The price of an outdoor wheelchair lift in the UK can vary depending on several factors, such as the brand, size, weight capacity, and lift features. Outdoor wheelchair lifts typically cost between £2,000 and £13,000. The following are some of the major variables that influence how much external wheelchair elevators cost:
- Size and weight capacity: Generally, larger lifts that can accommodate heavy scooters will cost more.
- Features: The price of a lift can increase depending on additional features such as weather-resistant covers, remote controls, and safety sensors.
- Installation and maintenance: The cost of installation and ongoing maintenance services will also add to the overall cost of the lift.
- Brand: Different brands may have varying prices, and some may be more well-known or reputable.
Researching and comparing prices from different suppliers is important to find an outdoor wheelchair lift that fits your needs and budget. Additionally, some funding options may be available to help cover the cost of an outdoor wheelchair lift, such as grants, insurance coverage, or financing plans.
Frequently Asked Questions on Outdoor Stairlifts.
How Much Does An Outdoor Stairlift Cost
The cost of installing an outside stairlift may range widely based on variables like the length of the staircase and the model selected. Providers of outdoor stairlifts might cost more than £5,000. But they tend to be around the same prices as indoor stairlifts.
Can You Get Outdoor Stairlifts?
In many cases, they will secure the rails of an outdoor stairlift directly to the stair. Outdoor stairlifts may be installed in a few hours for straight stairs or as much as a day for curved ones.
How Long To Install An Outdoor Stairlift
The average installation time for a stairlift, inside or outdoors, is between three and four hours. The dealer’s technician may bring the rail to your house already sized for your steps, or they may want to measure your staircase precisely and then cut the rail to fit in your yard before installing it.
Popular Stairlift Reviews