Clean mobility aid is a safe mobility aid. Here is how to keep your mobility aid clean and reduce catching coronavirus.
- Bring alcohol hand sanitizer or wet sanitizing cloth to clean wheelchair or walker sections that you most often handle.
- Try to prevent touching something other than your walker or wheelchair while you are travelling in a transit car.
- Hold socks. Using plastic models, or wash them with soapy water every day.
- Making sure carers keep on top of their grooming to protect themselves and protect others. Carry gloves for your caregiver and use regular hand washing, disinfecting surfaces or areas you hold.
- Clean any bag or purse that hits your walker or chair daily.
Specific Advice For Wheelchairs
To make arm pads and handles clean.
- Brush dirt away from the handles
- With a wet towel clean, then dry
- Sterilize with 75% alcohol and then rinse right away
How To Clean A Cushion
- Aspire to do daily
- If necessary drop the cover by unzipping
- Clean upholstery surface and flush with mild detergent
- To extract water quicker, put upholstery in a washbag and run through the spin cycle
- Then dry air
How Clean A Controller Or Joy Stick
- Wipe the surface and rinse with a wet towel
- Sterilize the surface with 75% alcohol, then rinse it with a dry towel instantly
Keep your wheelchair or walker clean, mainly when you leave your home and return. By attending to this, the risk of Coronavirus being transported to your home may decrease. They are just a few ways to clean mobility aid is a safe mobility aid. Here is how to keep your mobility aid clean and reduce catching coronavirus. If you have been struggling with mobility in your home due to being isolated because of Coronavirus, Why not look at getting a stairlift installed. This can help bring back your independence. Also just like mobility aids you will need to maintain your stairlift. This is very simple and does not take much work.